Leeds United F.C. History
Leeds United F.C. History : Foreword
1919-29 - The Twenties
1930-39 - The Thirties
1939-46 - The War Years
1947-49 - Post War Depression
1949-57 - The Reign of King John
1957-63 - From Charles to Revie
1961-75 - The Revie Years
1975-82 - The Downward Spiral
1982-88 - The Dark Years
1988-96 - The Wilko Years
1996-04 - The Rollercoaster Ride
2004-17 - Down Among The Deadmen
100 Greatest LUFC Players Ever
Greatest Leeds United Games
Players' Profiles
Managers' Profiles
Leeds City F.C. History
Leeds City F.C. Player and Manager Profiles
Leeds United/City Statistics
Leeds United/City Captains
Leeds United/City Friendlies and Other Games
Leeds United/City Reserves and Other Teams

Andrews: Wayne Michael Hill (Wayne)

2007-2007 (Leeds Player Details)(Player Details)


Born: Paddington, Westminster: 25-11-1977

Debut v Oldham Athletic (a): 02-10-2007

5’10” 11st 2lb (2007)

Andrews began his career with Watford, signing professional on 1st August 1994, after coming through their Youth Academy. He made his debut, as a substitute, in a 2-1 away victory against Bournemouth on 17th August 1996. He started the following game and made twenty-seven more appearances in his first professional season. Early in the 1997/98 season, Andrews broke his ankle and subsequently missed the rest of the campaign. In his absence Watford was promoted to Division One and Andrews found himself behind a number of other strikers. On 1st October 1998, he was loaned to Cambridge United, for whom he only played twice, one of which was as a substitute, and he returned on 10th October 1998. He was next loaned to Peterborough United on 5th February 1999 and made a perfect debut, scoring four goals in a 5-2 win over Barnet. He stayed on loan at London Road until 14th April 1999, scoring five goals in ten games, two of which were from the bench. While he had earned a lot of positive comments during his time at Watford, he could not make any headway and after he had scored four goals in twenty-eight League games, of which twelve were as a substitute, and scored once in five League Cup games, of which two were from the bench, and one in two games in the minor Cup competetitions and twice coming on as substitute in F.A. Cup games without scoring, he was released from his contract by the club on 31st May 1999. Andrews moved into Non-League football with Aldershot Town, where he scored six goals in twelve games early in the 1999-2000 season, before joining St Albans City, where he scored five goals in fourteen League games as well as playing once in the F.A. Cup, before returning to Aldershot Town for the 2000-01 season. He scored five goals in twelve League games and made one appearance in the F.A. Cup before Chesham United paid £3,000 for him at the beginning of the 2001-02 season. He stayed one season there rewarding them with twenty goals on thirty-five games. His record at Chesham impressed Ian Dowie and he persuaded him to go back into League Football with Oldham Athletic on 14th May 2002. He was only at Oldham for one season, but fully justified Ian Dowie's faith in him scoring eleven goals in thirty-eight League games, of which eight were from the bench, and a further goal in one Football League Trophy game but had two starts and one game from the bench in the F.A. Cup and one start and two games from the bench in the League Cup, without scoring. He joined Colchester United on a free transfer on 3rd July 2003 for whom he scored fourteen goals in forty-six League games, which included ten games as a subsitute. He also scored twice in three starts and one game from the bench in the Football League Trophy, but failed to score in either of the Cup competitions, where he started four and came on as a substitute in the F.A. Cup and had one start in the League Cup. Ian Dowie had moved to Crystal Palace and piloted them into the EPL and such was his faith in Andrews that he again signed him on 31st August 2004. Understandably Andrews struggled in such exalted company and only managed one goal at Selhurst Park. However, he did not let Dowie down when used, mainly as substitute. He started just five League games but was a substitute on twenty-eight occasions, while in the F.A. Cup he started twice and came off the bench once and in the League Cup he started three games and was a substitute once. It was fairly obvious that he was a long way down the pecking order at Palace and due to lack of oppurtunities it was best for him to leave. This he did on 3rd June 2006, but was soon snapped up by Coventry City. Ironically the sole goal he had scored for Palace was against his new employers. He had similar problems at Coventry where he could not get into the first team and if he did it was as a substitute. Brian Laws saw him play against his side Sheffield Wednesday and took him on loan on 23rd November for the rest of the calendar year, as a stand-in for his injured right winger, Wade Small. He scored once in nine League starts and two games from the bench, before returning on 2nd January 2007. However, while he made nine appearances for the South Yorkshire team, they had only lost twice. He scored his only goal in the eleventh minute of a Yorkshire derby against Barnsley in a 3-0 victory at Oakwell. He was quickly loaned out to League One promotion hopefuls, Bristol City on 19th January 2007 for two months and he scored twice in seven League games, including four as substitute and he got a further goal from two starts and one game from the bench in Football League Trophy games. After coming on at half-time, he notched his first goal for the club against his old club, Oldham Athletic. Bristol City won the game 3-0. He then continued this form by scoring City's only goal in an away win at Blackpool. This was arguably one of the most important goals in City's season as they finished only two points above Blackpool, clinching a promotion spot. He returned to his parent club on 19th March 2007, but he failed to break his way into first team contention, and started only one game in the opening few games of the 2007/2008 season. He was sent on loan to Leeds United on 1st October 2007, to help ease their striker shortage problem. He joined initially on a one-month loan deal with the option to extend until the end of December, but returned to Coventry City on 1st November 2007. He debuted at Oldham Athletic in a 1-0 victory and also played in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy win at Darlington by the same score. He was loaned to Bristol Rovers on 27th March 2008, making one League appearance before receiving knee ligament damage after just seventeen minutes. He was released by Coventry City on 17th October 2008 and signed for Luton Town. While at Coventry he scored once in ten substitute appearances in the League and also made one substitute appearance in the F. A. Cup. At Kenilworth Road he started on League game and came off the bench six times while in the F.A. Cup he payed twice, one being as a substitute and he started one Johnstone's Paint Trophy game. He left Luton on 31st May 2010 and has not played for any other club since, although he has had trials with Yeovil Town and Leyton Orient.

League 10
Johnstone’s Paint Trophy 10