Leeds United F.C. History
Leeds United F.C. History : Foreword
1919-29 - The Twenties
1930-39 - The Thirties
1939-46 - The War Years
1947-49 - Post War Depression
1949-57 - The Reign of King John
1957-63 - From Charles to Revie
1961-75 - The Revie Years
1975-82 - The Downward Spiral
1982-88 - The Dark Years
1988-96 - The Wilko Years
1996-04 - The Rollercoaster Ride
2004-17 - Down Among The Deadmen
100 Greatest LUFC Players Ever
Greatest Leeds United Games
Players' Profiles
Managers' Profiles
Leeds City F.C. History
Leeds City F.C. Player and Manager Profiles
Leeds United/City Statistics
Leeds United/City Captains
Leeds United/City Friendlies and Other Games
Leeds United/City Reserves and Other Teams

Webber: Daniel Vaughan (Danny)

2012-2012 (Leeds Player Details) (Player Details)


Born: Manchester: 28-12-1981

Debut: Southampton (h) (Substitute): 03-03-2012

58 11st 1lb (2011)

Webber started his football career as a trainee with Manchester United, signing professional on 28th December 1998 and twice played for the England Under-Eighteen side in the UEFA Under-Eighteen Competition, making his debut on 6th October 1999 in a 0-2 loss to Spain at Upton Park and two days later he was in the team that beat Cyprus 3-0 at Brisbane Road Leyton, when he was replaced by Ian Armstrong after sixty-six minutes. He had played with the club's youth team during the 199798 season, before becoming a trainee at Manchester United in July 1998. He scored sixteen goals in just eleven appearances for the Under-Seventeens, finishing the 1998-99 season as the leading goalscorer. He followed this scoring eleven goals in fourteen appearances for the Under-Nineteens in 19992000. He also made his first appearances for the reserve team during that season, playing three times. He established himself with the Reserves in 200001, scoring six goals in twenty appearances. He made his Manchester United debut as a substitute in the one hundred and tenth minute for Ronnie Wallwork in a 1-2 defeat by Sunderland at the Stadium of Light on 28th November 2000 in the League Cup, which was then known as the Worthington Cup. He made his starting debut for Manchester United in a 4-0 defeat by Arsenal at Highbury on 5th November 2001 again in the League Cup, in which he played a full game. He joined Port Vale on loan on 23rd November 2001 and, after making his debut the following day in a 1-1 home draw with Huddersfield Town as a fifty-ninth minute substitute for Sean McClare, started twice and came off the bench twice before returning to Old Trafford on 31st December 2001. He played five times for the England Under-Twenties in 2002. The first was at the Reebok Stadium, Bolton, when he was a seventieth minute substitute for Kevin Nolan in a 3-0 win over Finland. This was followed on 10th May by a 0-2 loss to Portugal in Portugal before he played three games in the Toulon Under-Twenty Tournament in which all three games finished as goalless draws. On 6th May and 14th May he played full games against China and Brazil respectively, in the Group games before in the play off for third place against Japan on 17th May he started the game but was replaced by Gary McSheffrey after fifty-five minutes. He also had two loan spells with Watford, the first started on 28th March 2002, he made his debut the following day in a 0-0 home draw with Bradford City as a sixty-fourth minute substitute for Lee Cook, and lasted until 22nd April 2002 in which time he had scored twice in four League starts and one game from the bench. His second spell was for three months from 12th August 2002, making his debut the following day in a 0-0 home draw with Millwall as a seventy-first minute substitute for Dominic Foley, but unfortunately he dislocated a shoulder and had to return to Old Trafford on 27th October 2002, in which time he had scored twice in twelve League games, of which one was as a substitute. His third and final game for Manchester United came as a substitute on 18th March 2003 in a 0-2 defeat by Deportivo La Coruna at the Estadio de Riazor in the UEFA Champions League when he came on in the seventy-second minute for Diego Forlan. He was unable to break into the Manchester United first team and although he was offered a three year contract he decided to look elsewhere for first team oppurtunities. He joined Watford on a three year contract on 8th July 2003 for a nominal fee. He had scored five times in twenty-seven League games in the 2003-04 season before a shoulder injury sustained in training in February 2004 caused him to miss all but two of the ensuing fixtures. He was back for the start of the 2004-05 season and had scored twelve times in twenty-eight League games when he joined Sheffield United on loan for the rest of the season on 24th March 2005. He made his Blades' debut on 2nd April 2005 in a 0-0 draw at Reading as a seventy-seventh minute substitute for Steven Kabba, and he scored his first goal in his starting debut three days later when he netted inside two minutes as the Blades' ran riot at Elland Road to beat Leeds United 4-0 and Webber was replaced by Steven Kabba in the eighty-fourth minute. He scored three League goals in six starts and one game as a substitute before the end of the season. On 1st June 2005 Sheffield United made the loan permanent when they signed him for 500,000 on a three-year contract. While at Vicarage Road he had scored seventeen League goals in forty-eight starts and seven games from the bench but had failed to score in four F.A. Cup games, of which three were from the bench, and four League Cup games of which one was as a substitute. He was an instant success at Bramall Lane and scored ten League goals in thirty-five appearances as the Blades' gained automatic promotion to the EPL as runners-up to Reading in the 2005-06 season. He went on to score three League goals in twenty-two EPL games as Sheffield were relegated from the EPL on goal difference. Back in the Championship Webber started to struggle as he could not find the net and after scoring twenty League goals in one hundred and seven games, of which forty-one were from the bench, one goal in the F.A. Cup from two starts and one game from the bench and two goals in six starts and two games as a substitute in the League Cup, Webber was offered new terms after his contract at Bramall Lane had expired and he became a free agent. On 8th September 2009 he signed for Portsmouth on a two year contract, but his time at Fratton Park was plagued by injury. He made his Portsmouth debut four days later as an eighty-third minute substitute for Tommy Smith in a 2-3 home defeat by Bolton Wanderers. He scored his first goal for Portsmouth in the League Cup with a goal in the thirty-third minute of a 3-1 away win at Carlisle United on 22nd September 2009. His first and only League goal came on 26th January 2010 in a 1-1 home draw with West Ham United when he scored the equalser in the seventy-sixth minute after coming on as a substitute for Frederic Piquionne three minutes previously. He ruptured his cruciate ligaments in a 2-0 loss to Tottenham Hotspir at White Hart Lane on 27th March 2010 and spent a year in the treatment room. After making his comeback against Reading on 2nd April 2010 as an eighty-fifth minute substitute for David Nugent he played in the final eight games of the season, albeit that seven were as a final quarter replacement, but Portsmouth decided not to renew his contract at the end of the season. While at Fratton Park he had scored on in twenty-five League games of which twenty were as a substitute, two more came in the League Cup in three starts, while in the F.A. Cup he did not find the net in one start and three games from the bench. In July 2011 Manager Neil Warnock, who had been in charge of Sheffield United during his time there, gave him a trial at Queens Park Rangers but did not take him on and in December 2011 he had trials with Celtic followed by another with Huddersfield Town later in the month, but neither signed him. In February 2012 Birmingham City had a look at him until finally Neil Warnock, who had just become the Manager of Leeds United made him his first signing, after a trial, on 2nd March 2012. He was given a contract until the end of the season. Webber made his debut as a fifty-sixth minute substitute for Aidan White in a 10 home defeat to Southampton on 3rd March 2012. He made his first start for Leeds three days later, in a 00 draw with Hull City at the KC Stadium in which he was replaced by Lloyd Sam in the seventy-eighth minute. Webber scored his first goal for Leeds in the eighty-second minute of the final game of the season on 28th April 2012 with Leicester City at Elland Road when he came off the bench as a fifty-seventh minute replacement for Zac Thompson. On 2nd May 2012, Neil Warnock chose not to renew Webber's contract and he once more became a free agent. He was without a club until Brian Flynn took him on trial with Doncaster Rovers in March 2013 and signed him on a non-contractual basis early in March. While Doncaster were promoted as League One Champions at the end of the season, Webber did not make it onto the pitch in any games. On 26th July 2013 he signed a one year contract with Accrington Stanley.

League 2/111